J.M. Boyce Consulting, LLC is a private consulting firm. John M. Boyce MD has more than 35 years of experience in infectious diseases and infection control. He previously held a position as Clinical Professor of Medicine on the Yale University School of Medicine faculty and retired in 2015 from a position as Director of Hospital Epidemiology & Infection Control at Yale-New Haven Hospital in New Haven, CT.
Dr. Boyce provides consultations on a variety of topics including:
- Hospital epidemiology and infection prevention and control
- Environmental cleaning and disinfection methods and monitoring
- Hand hygiene, including electronic compliance monitoring systems
- Prevention of surgical site infections (SSIs)
- Prevention of bloodstream infections
- Hydrogen peroxide vapor and UV light room decontamination
- Antimicrobial stewardship
John M. Boyce, MD is an internationally recognized expert in the fields of hospital epidemiology and infection prevention and control. He has more than 35 years of experience in infection control and adult infectious diseases. Areas of special expertise include hand hygiene, contamination of environmental surfaces in healthcare facilities, environmental cleaning and disinfection methods, hospital disinfectants, new technologies for environmental disinfection, central line-associated bloodstream infections, surgical site infections, prosthetic joint infections, outbreak investigation, healthcare-associated infections caused by multi drug-resistant organisms, and antimicrobial stewardship. He has published more than 150 articles and book chapters, and has given invited lectures at local, national and international conferences in 15 countries.